Biggest Winning Jackpots
Progressive online pokies produce enormous jackpots, although games vary in how you can land these huge prizes. It can be that, like any other big win, you have to hit the right symbols on the right paylines, while in other games, access to the progressive jackpot feature is randomly awarded.
On games like Beach Life, King Cashalot, and Major Millions, winning big jackpots happens in exactly the same way as any other win, by hitting five symbols on a line. In Beach Life, this means hitting 5x Sun symbols on payline 20; on King Cashalot you need to land 5x King symbols on payline 9; while on Major Millions hitting 5x Wild symbols on payline 15 produces the jackpot. However, it’s important to note that you have to bet the maximum on each spin to have a chance at being amongst the slot machines big winners.
Some progressive pokies have multiple levels of jackpot, and so these have a separate screen where an additional game is played to determine which tier of prize is won. Players are randomly awarded access to this feature, although again it’s the case that betting the max increases your chances of winning a jackpot.
In games like Mega Moolah and The Dark Knight, once you gain access to the bonus feature you see a large wheel, like in a game show. The wheel is spun and where it ends up determines which of the four levels of progressive jackpot you win. The highest prize, the Mega Jackpot, starts at a minimum of $1,000,000.
The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil and other games in the Playtech Marvel Mystery Progressive Network are different in that instead of a wheel, you have a grid of 20 squares. You keep selecting squares until you reveal three matching symbols; this is the progressive jackpot amount that is won. In these games, the biggest jackpot is Ultimate Power, which starts at a minimum of $100,000, although the maximum prize is unlimited.
Although progressive jackpots are not won every day, there are slot machine winners on a fairly regular basis on games from a wide variety of software providers, networks and online casinos. Listed below are some of the most notable slot winners of recent times.
Progressive Pokies Jackpots
Mega Moolah by Microgaming has some of the best jackpot stories, and since being launched in 2006 has paid out more than $41.1 million, with an average jackpot payout of $2.89 million. There have also been several big slot machine winners on Mega Moolah in mobile casinos, demonstrating the excellent value of mobile gaming.
- $6.81 million—Gabriel L. from Germany won this jackpot at Spin Palace mobile casino in September 2013. This win holds the record for the highest jackpot of all time on a mobile device.
- $5.8 million—John Orchard from the UK won in December 2012, which at the time was the biggest pokie win ever at a mobile casino.
- $3.8 million—won in October 2011 by an anonymous player.
- $3.43 million—Jorge S. from the Isle of Man landed this jackpot at Spin Palace in June 2014, one of the most recent successful online pokies stories.
- $3 million—anonymous winner in October 2013.
- $1.96 million—Rachel landed this jackpot at Spin Palace mobile casino in December 2013
- $1.5 million—won in March 2012 by an anonymous player
- $1.5 million—won in May 2012 by an anonymous player
- $943,971—in May 2013, a New Zealand player won this jackpot playing at Royal Vegas mobile casino, the first major jackpot winner playing on a mobile at this site.
Microgaming’s King Cashalot also has a good record of producing slot machine jackpot winners, although they tend not to be in quite the same league as Mega Moolah. Nevertheless, there is an average jackpot payout of around $700,000 which is won roughly once a year.
- $1.3 million—won by an anonymous player in September 2012, the biggest jackpot winner ever on this game.
- $202, 763—won at Spin Palace by Mr D in November 2013.
Other Progressive Jackpot Pokies
As well as these very well-known titles, there is a large range of other progressive jackpot pokies that have produced slots success stories, and these too offer casino slot winners potentially enormous, life-changing payouts. It’s easy to keep an eye on how quickly these jackpots grow and the size they’ve swelled to, as most of our recommended online casinos feature counters that show the value of the jackpot in real-time, so it’s possible to see it grow before your eyes.
Major Millions, developed by Microgaming, has a progressive jackpot that starts off at a minimum of $250,000 and has average payouts of around $1.15 million, and so has also produced its fair share of slots machine big winners.
- $1.8 million—won by an anonymous player in May 2012.
- $1.7 million—won by an anonymous player in February 2012.
Also from Microgaming, The Dark Knight is one of the most visually complex and exciting progressive jackpot pokies, and manages successfully to combine 243 ways-to-win gameplay and production values of the highest quality with a four-tier progressive jackpot, the largest of which has a minimum payout of $1 million. Although relatively new compared to some of the older, more established progressive slots, The Dark Knight has nevertheless produced some substantial jackpots.
- $3.25 million—won by a player in Britain in February 2013, the biggest pokies win ever on The Dark Knight
- $920,000—December 2012, won by a player in Norway
Where to Play Progressive Jackpot Pokies & Win The Biggest Jackpots
The casinos that we recommend offer a great range of progressive jackpot pokies to enjoy. Our detailed reviews of each of these sites, such as Royal Vegas, Spin Palace, All Slots and others, all include details of the progressive pokies they offer, and the latest information on the size of the jackpots as they currently stand (remember, these change constantly, and so it’s worth checking back regularly to stay in touch with latest updates).